It’s a fact giving increases the feel good hormones. But what exactly do we have to give & how.
A huge problem with giving is, conditions. People do things with conditions attached. If I do this I want blah blah blah in return. Why would I do that, there is nothing to gain for me, pretty selfish way of thinking really.
Dont give to receive give to share what you have. I’m not talking about giving everything away. Just be show some compassion now & again for you & others. You never know the results might be amazing 🙂
Don’t just learn, experience.
Don’t just read, absorb.
Don’t just change, transform.
Don’t just relate, advocate.
Don’t just promise, prove.
Don’t just criticize, encourage.
Don’t just think, ponder.
Don’t just take, give.
Don’t just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don’t just hear, listen.
Don’t just talk, act.
Don’t just tell, show.
Don’t just exist, live.”
Roy T. Bennett
- Just offer a smile if someone looks sad smile & say hello. You could really lighen their day
- There is always going to be someone who needs a listening ear. Whether it is a friend, family member, etc. Why not be that ear? Dedicate an hour out of your WEEK & help them. Just, by listening & being there.
- Unfortunately, there is a high percentage of homeless people all over the world. The next time you are passing someone who is having a hard time. Why not, ask if they would like a cup of something hot with some food. Again, even if only for 10 mins listen. Not only will it increase your empathy skills, it will teach you about past judgements, regarding stories you have been told of less fortunate people. “They didn’t dream of that life after all.”
- Volunteer with a charity of your choice getting involved is a great way to meet new people & help so many.
- Donate to a charity that you strongly believe in. Although, this is not a hands on method, you are still standing up for what you believe in, by making the donations.
- If you have information that may be of help to others, share it.
- Dont be afraid to approach someone in need. Offer you assistance, if you’re scared call someone who can assist. Dont just walk away becasue you will always remember that you did.
- Help someone in your area carry something if they are struggling while your passing. You are going that same way after all.
- Ask an older peoson who you know of that lives along do they need help with anything.
- Finally, say thank you. Nothing is for granted.
♥♥ Have a lovely day ♥♥